I ran across two of these ammo cases a couple of months ago, in front of one of the local businesses, she was just getting rid of a bunch of stuff...so they looked cool. I had plans to model my new cupboards after them, using recycled boards basically, kind of a rustic look....that's my ideas anyways, we'll see how it pans out in the future. But I started on the first part today...combination of boredom and seeing how well my dryer would work as a sawhorse, it does great by the way. ;-)
I sanded this one then cut an old scrap board that's been on the porch for a while to make some shelves in it. I used it to replace this eyesore that's been a BIG pet peeve of mine since I started using it, but it was the best I could do, given my lack of space otherwise...yuck...I took this particular picture as an afterthought, after moving the shelf back out of my way, but you can see my grievance.
THIS is my final product! The lid turned door closes AND latches...now my spices are not just out of unslightliness, but are also out of the reach and access of temptation. :D